Saturday, October 8, 2011

iMourn iRespect Steve Jobs !!


 For Indians all hell broke loose after the sad demise of the visionary co-founder of Apple Computer, Steve Jobs, who died after a long fight against pancreatic cancer. Steve Jobs' impact on modern society can not be understated. But the immediate beatification of Steve Jobs fulfills all the criteria for mass delusion and is evidence of some kind of quasi-religious quackery . Every Tom & Harry ( one name omitted for obvious reasons ) was dying to join the league of Mahindras & Tatas to pay rich tributes  to  the man behind iPad,iPhone & iPod.
There were posts on facebook  & tweets on Twitter and everyone was iMad to outsmart others in paying tributes . Everyone iMourned  the demise of Steve Jobs & everyone was iSad about it.
Few examples are :
Atul
3 Apples changed the world: the one that Eve ate, the one that fell on Newton's head & the one that Steve built. RIP Steve Jobs .

Sudhanshu 
"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do" - Steve Jobs 
Goodbye Steve Jobs. Visionary. Leader. Genius. Inspiration. Thank you for moving us to resist settling for average. R.I.P 

Hunny 
"Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn't matter to me. Going to bed at night saying we've done something wonderful, that's what matters to me."-Steve Jobs R.I.P !!
With due respect to the genius Steve jobs was, I would  like to ask all the people who went berserk how many of them use Apple products. People went overboard & compared Steve Jobs with Gandhiji . Now it was  time  for me to go iMad. I mean I don’t see any reason behind this. I wonder at the Mania of Crowds.
My post does not intend to demean Mr. Jobs or his achievements. He was a modern magician who reached into tomorrow and came up with things that changed millions of lives and nobody can deny this fact. It merely asks that we keep them in some kind of perspective and by doing so might better honor his life, work and legacy. But to listen to some of the weeping and wailing on all social networking sites & micro-blogging sites one is forced (incuing me ) to think that prior to the inventions of the iPod, iPhone and iPad no-one had ever previously listened to music, endured a telephone conversation or read anything on a screen. Let me make it clear  Apple improved each of those experiences; it did not create them.
Although iPad, iPod are great hits but it’s also true Apple remains an elite and niche product . Macpro is anytime costlier than HP or IBM product.
There’s no doubt that Steve Jobs was a genius . But that does not mean that people should throng Apple stores to hang around with other mourners and make a fool of oneself. Those that do so reveal themselves as members of a cult or iReligion  that's just as stupid as any other and equally deserving of scorn and pity.
 


6 comments:

  1. Good try is made to make clear the visionary of the people who were just not aware what exactly Mr.Jobs has done, it was just the advancement of the existing technology...though i still have to say this for him..HATS OFF sir u made us to see worldly affairs in advanced versions..thank U so much..u'll always be remembered and missed..R.I.P..

    ReplyDelete
  2. People Saw Jobs, They saw the embodiment of Passion, Ruthless execution, Determination, now when he is no more, its the sad feeling that every body is sharing, because people connects with him through these values.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saturday, October 8, 2011 -IS IMPOSSIBLE,coz,if its 8'th Oct'11 then it gotta be Friday.The correction is needed here.
    Another thing,I agree with Mr.Vivek P.People with incomplete information & knowledge are more harmful.As such nuts dont know the diff betn. invention & development-who are seeking a chance to spread wrong statements.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Abhishek Sharma
    I have nothing against Mr. Jobs. I respect the legend he was.But i have serious reservations against people who went overboard to compare him with other legendary figures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Varsha
    Date & Time settings are purely handled by Blogger team & so for any mistake on that part , the blogger team is to be blamed.
    But the settings are correct as far as my knowledge is concerned.
    Anyways thanks for going through the post & offering your valuable suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Varsha Bhatkar Well...Vivek ji,I didnt blame u for any technical mistakes.But I KNOW & I am SURE it was mentioned as Friday,October 8,2011 on ths site which striked my attention at a glace,hence I had to mention so.But I am still confused,how come the words 'Friday & Saturday' got interchanged in my comment????? Hopefully the person who is commenting on such public site is not obvious fool to make such comment without recheck ????????? Dont u think something is fishy out here? Secondly,the correction was made after my comment got display.Its total fussy here.

    ReplyDelete